The Conservation International Job 2023/2024… | Conservation International Job Portal is now open for new recruitment. Conservation International recruitment 2023 application form, Closing date, requirements, and guidelines are for free here.
Are you a Kenyan who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited for the upcoming Conservation International Job and yet you are still not sure how to start? This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Kenyan for the 2023/2024 Conservation International recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at Conservation International.
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be Kenyan citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2023.
Conservation International Job 2023/2024
1. Job Title: Landscape Research Assistant
Conservation International is an American nonprofit environmental organization headquartered in Arlington, Virginia. Its goal is to protect nature as a source of food, fresh water, livelihoods and a stable climate.
This is a fixed-term position of 1 year, renewable subject to mutual agreement and availability of funds. The position’s main focus relates to the overall responsibility of undertaking research work as part of the project “Restoring nature and peace threatened by climate change: monitoring human security benefits of EbA in Kenya”
- Support the project manager in Kenya and lead the data collection in the field.
- Support the development of household surveys and surveys for key informant interviews.
- Select, train, supervise and provide support to local enumerators that will conduct monthly household surveys.
- Organize and lead key informant interviews with community members and community leaders.
- In liaison with the project manager, organize and lead meetings with local communities and decision-makers to discuss project activities and results.
- Review data collected on household surveys and during key informant interviews.
- Lead the preparation of materials to be presented and shared during meetings.
- Lead data analysis collected during household surveys and key informant interviews.
- Perform other roles that may be assigned by the line supervisor.
- Organize and lead meetings with CI project partners (BigLife and MWCT) to coordinate field activities and community engagement.
- Organize field research logistics and resources.
- Ensure research data quality assurance.
PEOPLE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- This role does not have direct management of staff but will closely work and support research peers.
- Accountable for operating funds and ensures accounting for expended funds within established CI guidelines.
- Responsible for safety and proper use of the facilities and equipment assigned to facilitate field activities.
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya
- The role will involve frequent field visits which may require traveling in remote areas up to 40% of the time.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in research work, conservation, and familiarity with concepts and tools required to undertake socio-economic surveys and data analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively establish and maintain an excellent working relationship in the multicultural-ethnic environment and respect diversity.
- Experience organizing and leading workshops/meetings with local communities.
- Skilled to handle and analyze large data sets.
- Experience in Microsoft office.
- Experience working in rangeland ecosystems and with pastoral and agro-pastoral communities.
- Right to live and work in Kenya.
- Excellent command and fluency of both oral and written English and Swahili.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to easily interact with an interdisciplinary team of staff and partners.
- Ability to work remotely and in challenging field conditions.
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative methodologies with a deep understanding of statistical software.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS or QGIS.
- Computer skills including at least one of the following: SPSS, STATA, LIMDEP, SAS, GAMS.
- Experience with conservation-related research and team management.
- Experience with human-human and human-wildlife conflicts-related research.
- Working knowledge of local dialects in Southern Kenya.
- Available and willing to start work immediately.
- The successful candidate is expected to be on board in June of 2023.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ecology, Natural Resources, Agricultural Economics, or other related relevant fields, or Post-graduate degree
How to Apply
Closing Date : 30 May. 2023
- Conservation International DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during, or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who want to apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We advise that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more questions and further information pertaining to this recruitment, get in touch with us at the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before applying for Conservation International Recruitment 2023
To apply for the Conservation International Recruitment Recruitment 2023. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Conservation International Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required documents before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.