The Human Rights Watch Job 2023/2024… | Human Rights Watch Job Portal is now open for new recruitment. Human Rights Watch recruitment 2023 application form, Closing date, requirements, and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Kenyan who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited for the upcoming Human Rights Watch Job and yet you are still not sure how to start? This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Kenyan for the 2023/2024 Human Rights Watch recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at Human Rights Watch.
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be Kenyan citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2023.
Human Rights Watch Job 2023/2024
1. Job Title: Advocacy Director, Africa Division
Human Rights Watch is an American-founded international non-governmental organization that conducts research and advocacy on human rights.
- Work with Africa division staff to develop and implement advocacy strategies and recommendations and develop relationships with representatives of governments, the African Union, and other international organizations;
- Develop recommendations for achieving human rights improvements in the region, including through research of relevant advocacy targets, and prepare and implement advocacy strategies in consultation with divisional staff, others in HRW and with relevant external partners;
- Lead the Africa division’s advocacy with key officials of the African Union Commission, the African Union Peace and Security Council, the Africa Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights, the African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child, the East African Community, Economic Community of West African States, Southern African Development Community, diplomatic representations in Addis Ababa, and the Africa Group members in Geneva and New York;
- Collaborate with HRW staff to identify and create opportunities that support their advocacy efforts on areas of work of the division;
- Meet regularly with officials, diplomats and serve as a spokesperson to the media;
- Develop and maintain close collaborative relationships with non-governmental organizations on advocacy efforts;
- Travel internationally as required;
- Prepare a range of written materials, including news releases, op-eds, blog postings, policy analyses and other documents and review such documents, including HRW reports to African Union bodies prepared in collaboration with other internal HRW divisions or external partners;
- Keep abreast of pertinent legislative and policy developments and advise relevant Africa division staff and others, as appropriate, of important changes;
- Ensure organization-wide coordination of Africa advocacy, including through close collaboration with other advocates and relevant staff in other HRW divisions and offices;
- Monitor progress against milestones and deadlines of all outputs that are within the purview of responsibility;
- Deliver outputs in a timely manner while maintaining consistency with the agreed strategy and priorities of the Program Department;
- Establish clear work plans and communicate priorities clearly and effectively. Provide oversight and take responsibility for delegated assignments;
- Ensure effective collaboration by listening, having two-way communication, sharing pertinent information, responding promptly and delegating appropriate responsibilities;
- Work with HRW’s development staff as needed to support Africa division’s fundraising efforts; and
- Perform other tasks as required.
Education: A degree in international relations, journalism, law, social science, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience, is required.
Experience: Minimum seven (7) years of relevant international experience and substantial knowledge of the African Union, including an understanding of its principal institutions and its work relating to human rights is required.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Direct experience working in nongovernmental organizations, intergovernmental organizations or governments working to influence policy on human rights and significant advocacy experience with member states and institutions of the African Union are required.
- Excellent public speaking and writing skills in English and French are required; knowledge of additional African languages is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of human rights issues in all or part of the Africa region is required.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and solid understanding of how to implement successful advocacy for policy change are required.
- Ability to defend and explain complex issues and positions to government officials, diplomats, and the media is required.
- Experience speaking with the media and cultivating relationships with journalists are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively and inclusively within HRW as well as with others are required.
- Ability to think creatively, initiate projects, and follow through on plans is required.
- Capacity to appropriately plan, prioritize and manage multiple, often competing demands efficiently in a challenging, fast-paced environment is required.
- A demonstrated commitment to human rights is required.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 9 November. 2023
- Human Rights Watch) DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who wants to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We advise that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more questions and further information pertaining to this recruitment, get in touch with us at the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before Apply for Human Rights Watch) Recruitment 2023
To apply for the Human Rights Watch) Recruitment Recruitment 2023. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Human Rights Watch) Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.