The Kenya Medical Research Institute Job 2022/2023… | Kenya Medical Research Institute Job Portal is now open for new recruitment. Kenya Medical Research Institute recruitment 2022 application form, Closing date, requirements, and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Kenyan who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited for the upcoming Kenya Medical Research Institute Job and yet you are still not sure how to start? This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Kenyan for the 2022/2023 Kenya Medical Research Institute recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at Kenya Medical Research Institute.
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be Kenyan citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2022.
Kenya Medical Research Institute Job 2022/2023
1. Job Title: Project Manager/Field Operations Manager
Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established through the Science and Technology (Amendment) Act of 1979, which has since been amended to Science, Technology and Innovation Act 2013. The 1979 Act established KEMRI as a National body responsible for carrying out health research in Kenya.
Vacancy No. CVDC/001/10/22
The candidate will be expected tlead the effective planning and coordination of activities and resources tachieve project deliverables and successful project completion within timeline. The candidate will work together with a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, trial coordinators, study compliance officers, and clinicians. The successful candidate will manage a large team of field workers, community health workers and other casual labour force treach approximately 10k households distributed across Kwale county for a duration of four months plus additional followup time. They will alsbe responsible for designing the training and fieldwork schemes for the large team under their supervision.
- Manage all field operations of the MDA exercise of ivermectin thumans and participant follow up for safety and efficacy outcomes.
- Coordinate employment of field team workforce.
- Supervise and oversee a large team of field workers, community health workers (CHWs), and casual laborers by designing a pyramidal supervision system from headquarters down tfield.
- Design and manage a field logistics deployment plan of employees (e.g., their distribution throughout the study area, the division of tasks at all levels) and study household visit schedule according tthe study protocol.
- Draft study documents including a Field Operations Manual and study specific procedures (SSPs).
- Design the training plan, the training manual, and the supplementary materials tfield staff.
- Coordinate field transportation of field team workforce.
- Manage all unexpected issues in field.
- Establish effective communication with the principal investigator, clinical trial coordinator, project manager, project assistant, and other team members through regular meetings and reports ensuring transparency of project progress and critical milestones.
- Identify best step-wise approaches tcomplex tasks using effective prioritization;
- Be aware of team members skills and strengths and delegate roles and responsibilities accordingly.
- Identify risks or concerns toperations and establish escalation paths.
- Monitor the progress of work package deliverables and identify where additional support or resources are needed.
- Work with the project’s financial officer tmonitor the work package spending in accordance with the study budget adhering tinstitutional guidelines and requirements.
- Master’s degree level qualification in relevant field.
- Bachelor’s degree level qualification in relevant field.
- A minimum of C+ KCSE.
- At least 5 years of experience in project management (or a similar type of coordination position) with a demonstrated track-record in managing large scale, complex, field operations including logistics, and staff coordination.
- Experience working with milestone-oriented projects from any sector including research, non-governmental, governmental, industry, and business led projects.
- Track record in coordinating activities from different workstreams.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability tlead a team and inspire others.
- Solid organizational skills, including attention tdetail and multitasking skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, ability thandle troublesome situations and anticipate issues with a decisive attitude.
- Outstanding communication skills with ability tadapt tdifferent types of audiences maintaining cultural sensitivity and professionalism.
- The ideal candidate will alshave a high degree of integrity, discipline, and work ethic.
Desired but not essential
- Experience working in Kwale.
- Experience working in health-related research.
Terms of Employment
- One (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service. Probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is payable within the stated job grade
How to Apply
Submit your CV with Contacts of three referees including telephone numbers and/or e-mail addresses, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Deputy Director, CGMR (C), P. O. Box 428– 80108 Kilifi
Closing Date : 11 November. 2022
- Kenya Medical Research Institute) DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who wants to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We advise that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more questions and further information pertaining to this recruitment, get in touch with us at the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before Apply for Kenya Medical Research Institute) Recruitment 2022
To apply for the Kenya Medical Research Institute) Recruitment Recruitment 2022. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Kenya Medical Research Institute) Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.