List of Courses offered at Kenya Wildlife Service Training Institute
The Kenya Wildlife Service Training Institute (KWSTI) list of courses/programmes Offered Undergraduate, Diploma and Certificate, Masters, PhD courses as listed below.
All candidates that have an interest in studying in the college are to take note is these courses:
Here is a list of courses or programmes offered at Kenya Wildlife Service Training Institute
List of Courses/Programmes Offered at Kenya Wildlife Service Training Institute (KWSTI)
Courses are offered at Certificate and Diploma levels with curricula designed on Competency-based basis with Modules of Employable Skills (MES), when desired.
DIPLOMA (Each packed into variable modules). Duration – 18 Months (4 Semesters)
1. Diploma in Environmental Management (Environmental Education Assistant, Environmental Health & Safety Assistant)
2. Diploma in Fisheries & Aquatic Sciences (Fisheries Extension Officer, Fish Gear Technician)
3. Diploma in Tourism & Hospitality Management (Tours & Travel Administration, Hospitality Supervision, Tourism Enterprise Development Marketing)
4. Diploma in Wildlife Management (Wildlife Research Assistant, Community Wildlife Assistant, Wildlife Management Assistant)
Minimum Entry Requirement
• KCSE Mean Grade C- (minus) or its equivalent OR
• Completed and passed a relevant Certificate course OR
• KCVET with grade C- (minus) as mean aggregate or three years working experience in the relevant fields and a minimum of D+ (plus) or its equivalent OR KCSE D+ (plus) and three years working experience in relevant field.
CERTIFICATE (Each packed into variable modules). Duration – 9 Months (2 Semesters)
1. Certificate in Aquaculture (Fish Farming Assistant, Fish Farm Operations Assistant)
2. Certificate in Community Wildlife Management (Wildlife Naturalist Assistant, Community Wildlife Field Assistant)
3. Certificate in Nature Interpretation & Tour Administration (Touristic Field Naturalist, Tour Administration)