The Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa Job 2023/2024… | Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa Job Portal is now open for new recruitment. Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa recruitment 2023 application form, Closing date, requirements, and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Kenyan who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited for the upcoming Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa Job and yet you are still not sure how to start? This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Kenyan for the 2023/2024 Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa.
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be Kenyan citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2023.
Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa Job 2023/2024
1. Job Title: Program Manager – Media, Freedom and Safety
As a Program Manager in the Media division you will:
- Play a vital role in the development, planning and implementation of OSF’s strategy to strengthen the enabling environment for public interest media using a range of tools including grant making, advocacy, fellowships, litigation and program-related investments.
- Develop ideas that will best advance our strategies; manage, monitor, and coordinate supportive grants; and engage in direct advocacy where appropriate.
- Take part in long-term grant planning; identifying and working with prospective grantees to develop proposals for grant recommendations; conducting organizational assessments; undertaking periodic reviews of progress with grantees; and reviewing financial and narrative reports.
- Stay up to date on issues related to defending and advancing press freedom, digital tools and technology, emergency responses to journalists under attack, and media initiatives to safeguard staff and their work.
- Inform the Expression team and OSF’s wider thinking on media safety and protection, including by proactively tracking developments in the field, analysing and sharing news and relevant insights with colleagues.
- Build collaborative relationships outside OSF (e.g., with existing grantees, prospective grantees, experts and practitioners in communities, foundations, partners, etc.) as well as across the OSF network.
- Strengthen connections between OSF’s regional and global programs consistent with OSF’s broader priorities, identifying opportunities where a shared approach might have the potential to create a broader impact.
What We Are Looking For
- At least 10 years of experience in a leading role within a media organization, or relevant NGO, government agency, research institution or other actor engaged with issues related to media freedom and safety.
- Mastery of the key issues related to media operating in increasingly hostile environments and the challenges facing journalists and editors. This includes issues such as online and offline threats; digital surveillance; legal threats and remedies; and an understanding of what is needed for emergency support in times of crisis.
- Demonstrated success in advancing social change strategies, including the ability to adapt those strategies in response to an evolving situation.
- Project management skills, including the ability to direct others to gather evidence and research to support a key decision or judgement.
- Knowledge of the cultural landscape of one or more of the following regions: Africa, Middle East and North Africa, Eurasia, Asia Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Ability to articulate a deep understanding of and vision for change based on experience and/or knowledge, and able to use that understanding to develop and implement a strategy for achieving the vision.
- A comprehensive understanding of the structure and workings of the media and other organizations (for-profit or non-profit), networks, and movements within varied contexts engaged in the protection of media and press freedom.
- Mastery of analytical approaches and options, and ability to make sound informed judgments.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships – in OSF, peer foundations, and with grant seekers and grantees, and others in the field – to further programmatic goals.
- Ability to exercise effective and inclusive leadership in cross-cultural settings.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English. A second language such as Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian, is preferred.
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, anti-racism and social justice.
- Commitment to listening and working with humility; ways of working that are respectful to all people; and that support space and voice for diverse perspectives in our workplace.
- May be required to travel for work purposes and/or work in other OSF offices for significant periods (over 25% of working time).
What We Offer
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite training and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more.
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 15 November. 2023
- Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa) DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who wants to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We advise that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more questions and further information pertaining to this recruitment, get in touch with us at the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before Apply for Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa) Recruitment 2023
To apply for the Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa) Recruitment Recruitment 2023. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa) Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.