The Terre des hommes (TDH) Job 2023/2024… | Terre des hommes (TDH) Job Portal is now open for new recruitment. Terre des hommes (TDH) recruitment 2023 application form, Closing date, requirements, and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Kenyan who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited for the upcoming Terre des hommes (TDH) Job and yet you are still not sure how to start? This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Kenyan for the 2023/2024 Terre des hommes (TDH) recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at Terre des hommes (TDH).
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be Kenyan citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2023.
Terre des hommes (TDH) Job 2023/2024
1. Job Title: Health and Nutrition Project Manager
General description of the position:
- To provide overall management, leadership, and technical support in the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the Garissa nutrition project.
- Tdh will complement the Ministry of Health efforts to contribute to reduction in morbidity and mortality by early detection, referral and provision of appropriate treatment/management to severe malnourished children (6-59 months), pregnant and lactating women (PLW).
- In complement, a WASH component will be integrated in the activities. The project will be implemented in three sub-counties in Garissa County: Dadaab, Garissa Township and Lagadera.
- Tdh will work with Community Health Volunteers at community level, in health facilities staff and with Sub-County Health Teams to improve early detection, management, and referral of SAM (Severe Acute Malnutrition) children.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Oversee the implementation of the Garissa health and nutrition project and ensure that stated goals and objectives are met
- Ensure the health and nutrition project is appropriately monitored and evaluated, and that quality reports (narrative & financial) are written and submitted in a timely manner
- Prepare program work plans, budgets and manage grants in coordination with the Head of Programs and the Finance and Admin Coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator
- Work with the field teams to ensure that the nutrition project is implemented in conformity with the Tdh programmatic approaches and standards
- Provide accurate and regular reports, document results and maintain detailed records of the overall project activities
- Work with the M&E team in the design and roll out of the baselines, midterm reviews and end line reviews
- Work with the field team and M&E team to ensure that field experiences are documented and used to advocate on behalf of the communities with which we work
- Work with project team to develop expenditure forecast and procurement plans to guide implementation of approved awards
- Support the field teams in the implementation of the plans ensuring that donor rules and regulations are followed
- Regular monitoring of the project budget to ensure budgets are spent on time and according to forecast
- Review Budget vs. actual expenditure on a monthly basis with staff
- Undertake grant and budget revisions in consultation with the Head of Program and the Finance and Admin Coordinator
- Ensure best use of resources to benefit children’s
- Engagement with communities and beneficiaries on project related issues.
- Coordination with local authorities, national authorities, UN, on project related issues and other government departments; other NGOs, CBOs in Kenya on project related issues.
- Represent Tdh to donor agencies as requested by the Head of Programs.
- Actively participate at coordination meetings/working groups
Integration and support
- Actively participate in integration and coordination of activities with Tdh’s other departments, particularly child protection activities.
- Ensure the Tdh child Safeguarding Policy, Policy to prevent sexual exploitation and code of Conduct are both understood by staff and all partners and that they are being effectively implemented.
- Prepare monthly reports for submission to the Head of Programs;
- Ensure and quality donor reporting with the support of the Program Assistant, the M&E team and the Head of Programs
- Directly line manage officers, set their performance objectives and routinely monitor these objectives.
New business development
- Under the guidance of the Head of Programs, contribute to the development of new project ideas
- Propose new project ideas, based on field needs.
Skills and Behaviour
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Tdh’s values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Tdh, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Abuse Prevention Policy – Operational Risk Management
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Nursing public health or related fields. MA degree is added advantage.
- Five years’ experience in coordinating, implementing and managing health and nutrition projects in INGOs at a similar budget level and with proven success for beneficiaries
- Strong knowledge and experience of drought emergency response and relevant stakeholders
- Excellent computer skills; MS Office, Epi-Info/SPSS, internet, Kobo
- Knowledge of international development, and of relevant UN structures and institutions (UNICEF in particular)
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills and the ability to think strategically and creatively
- Excellent communication skills (written/spoken) for lobbying and media work, and awareness of political sensitivities
- Demonstrable understanding of diversity issues and proven commitment to and evidence of promoting equity
- Ability to work well and flexibly in hard-working teams, while also able to take initiative and work under pressure with limited supervision
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to build relationships and deliver outcomes across a range of contexts
- Fluency in written and spoken English and a local language is essential
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 29 October. 2023
- Terre des hommes (TDH) DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who wants to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We advise that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more questions and further information pertaining to this recruitment, get in touch with us at the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before Apply for Terre des hommes (TDH) Recruitment 2023
To apply for the Terre des hommes (TDH) Recruitment Recruitment 2023. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Terre des hommes (TDH) Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.