The United Nations Environment Programme Job 2023/2024… | United Nations Environment Programme Job Portal is now open for new recruitment. United Nations Environment Programme recruitment 2023 application form, Closing date, requirements, and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Kenyan who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited for the upcoming United Nations Environment Programme Job and yet you are still not sure how to start? This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Kenyan for the 2023/2024 United Nations Environment Programme recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at United Nations Environment Programme.
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be Kenyan citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2023.
United Nations Environment Programme Job 2023/2024
1. Job Title: Finance and Budget Assistant, G5
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the world’s environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the environment.
This position is located in UNEP’s Regional Office for Africa, at the Nairobi duty station. Under the supervision of Finance and Budget Officer the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
FINANCE AND BUDGET:
- Assists in creation of new grants based on approved project or POW budgets and requesting for their approval in Umoja Creates new project grants in Umoja based on approved projects or donor agreements.
- Creates Work Breakdown Structure Elements (WBSEs) based on approved project and Program of work budgets.
- Assists in the end-to-end processing of grants management actions.
- Supports the Finance/Budget Officers(s) in extracting information and generating expenditure reports from computerized information system databases; assists in preliminary analyses of the extracted information and the reports generated, and highlights areas of concern for the attention of the Finance/Budget Officer(s).
- Assists in the development of resource requirements for budget submissions and in the preparation of budget performance submissions.
- Creates Fund management budget distribution and adjustments based on Budget officer/FMO instructions.
- Creates Pass-through grants in Umoja based on signed legal agreements (Small Scale Funding Agreements (SSFAs), Project Cooperation Agreements (PCAs), Letters of Agreement (LOA), UN-UN agreements).
- Processes payments to Implementing Partners (IP) against approved pass-through grants as certified by the Budget officer/Fund management officer.
- Processes IP expenditure reports pursuant to financial reports submitted by IPs and certified by the Budget officer/Fund management officer.
- Assists the Finance/Budget Officer(s) in the preparation/finalization of budget performance reports, performing preliminary analysis of variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Assists in the financial backstopping of trust funds, including monitoring the status of voluntary contributions, generating expenditure reports from Umoja and monitoring reporting requirements by donors.
- Assists the Finance/Budget Officer(s) in the issuance of allotments and related staffing table authorizations.
- Verifies accuracy of input data, ensuring consistency of data in previous allotments to new allotments issued.
- Reviews draft reports, verifying overall accuracy, consistency and uniformity in the presentation, and ensuring comprehensiveness and compliance with the format prescribed by the Editorial and Documents control of General Assembly and Conference Management (GACM); cross-checks consistency of figures in tables with the text of the reports, and verifies references to other reports and documents, bringing errors to the attention of the Finance/Budget Officers(s) concerned; ensures that all necessary corrections are incorporated in the reports; co-ordinates with other finance and budget staff on related issues during preparation of budget reports.
- Tracks invoices to ensure timely payments to vendors; receivables monitoring to ensure down payments are executed/offset against approved grants; posting of approved adjustments against approved budgets.
- Maintains an internal tracking tool for all signed Legal agreements in Africa Office.
- Creates funds pre-commitments, commitments against certified and approved requests.
- Keeps up-to-date on documents/reports/guidelines that have a bearing on matters related to programme budgets, ensuring compliance with intergovernmental recommendations and decisions as well as with United Nations policies and procedures.
- Drafts routine correspondence with respect to inquiries related to relevant financial and budget matters.
- Maintains and keep up-to-date files.
- Assist in designing and creation of new project structures in SAP for different activities, outputs and expected accomplishments. Assist in modification of the existing project structures as necessary after approval.
- Closure and revision of the projects and project structures.
- Post-implementation data clean up and validation of Umoja financial data Donor Reporting.
- Assists in creation of donor reports against approved projects, grants and donor agreements.
- Follows-up on admin/budget/finance tasks related to official travel of staff such as certification of travel plans.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of, and ability to apply financial rules, regulations and procedures in the UN environment. Ability to maintain accurate records, review and interpret a wide variety of data. Ability to identify and resolve data discrepancies and operational problems. Understands the UN administrative and financial rules & regulations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work. The ability to perform analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
- CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Completion of high school diploma is required. Supplementary training in Accounting and Finance is desirable.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST.
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in accounting, financial management or related field is required.
- Prior experience working with organizational enterprise management tools such as Umoja or similar systems is desirable.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 22 November. 2023
- United Nations Environment Programme) DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who wants to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We advise that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more questions and further information pertaining to this recruitment, get in touch with us at the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before Apply for United Nations Environment Programme) Recruitment 2023
To apply for the United Nations Environment Programme) Recruitment Recruitment 2023. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum United Nations Environment Programme) Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.