The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime Job 2023/2024… | United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime Job Portal is now open for new recruitment. United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime recruitment 2023 application form, Closing date, requirements, and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Kenyan who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited for the upcoming United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime Job and yet you are still not sure how to start? This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Kenyan for the 2023/2024 United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime.
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be Kenyan citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2023.
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime Job 2023/2024
1. Job Title: Finance and Budget Officer
For two decades, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) has been helping make the world safer from drugs, organized crime, corruption and terrorism. We are committed to achieving health, security and justice for all by tackling these threats and promoting peace and sustainable well-being as deterrents to them. Because the scale of these problems is often too great for states to confront alone, UNODC offers practical assistance and encourages transnational approaches to action. We do this in all regions of the world through our global programmes and network of field offices.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing substantive and technical expertise in the area of financial, budgetary and accounting management in conformity with United Nations (UN) Financial Rules and regulation, and policies for the implementation of the Alternative to Imprisonment Project in Kenya. S/he will work and in close cooperation with the National Council on Administration of Justice (NCAJ) Secretariat of the Government of Kenya. Within assigned authority, the Finance and Budget Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Participate in the formulation of management policies, strategies, and procedures and in their monitoring and implementation ensure to optimize efficiency in management.
- Prepare the financial management reports in accordance with the terms and conditions of donor agreements to provide information for control and decision making.
- Provide advice and support the programme staff on financial and administrative matters.
- Ensure compliance with UN financial policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Provide assistance in the implementation of IPSAS (International Public Sector Accounting Standards) at ROEA.
- Ensure transparent and efficient utilization of the Programme’s financial resources.
- Prepare and provide the Programme’s biennium budgets, budget implementation and monitoring reports.
- Monitor and advise the Programme Officer on the financial status of the Programme (including pending and approved budgets; contributions confirmed but not yet available for expenditure; contributions available for expenditure and contributions already expended).
- Propose, develop, and implement financial policies and procedures.
- Set up proper internal controls to ensure that proper monitoring mechanisms are in place and that they can be used to identify weaknesses and address them immediately.
- Ensure that disbursements are made based on proper authorisations and supported by legitimate and sufficient documentation by acting as Approving Officer of the regional office on financial disbursement made from the projects.
- Ensure proper maintenance of vendor accounts and timely clearance of outstanding advances and other receivables.
- Coordinate financial closure for entrusted imprest accounts.
- Respond to audit queries and follow up on audit recommendations.
- Ensure integrity and consistency of data in SAP/Umoja System.
- Draft correspondence and internal procedural directives relating to budgetary and financial matters.
- Contribute to preparedness actions such as early warning, risk analysis and contingency planning and make the necessary recommendations. Periodically monitor the management of risks and report on any actions taken.
- Monitor and supervise the work of subordinate staff as may be required.
- Perform any other work-related duties as required.
- Professionalism: Has knowledge of financial principles and practices. Has ability to independently conduct research and analysis, formulate options and present conclusions and recommendations. Has knowledge of the mandates of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. Has very good research and analytical skills and is able to identify problems and contribute to the solution of problems/issues. Is able to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount to solve problems to meet client needs; promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas, thinks “outside the box”; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
- Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in finance, business administration, accounting or other related discipline is required. A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Membership in an internationally recognized professional accountancy body such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPA) or equivalent is desirable.
Job – Specific Qualification
Membership in an internationally recognized professional accountancy body such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPA) or equivalent is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in finance, business administration, accounting is required.
- Work experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is required.
- Work experience with SAP/Umoja is desirable.
- Work experience within an international organization or the United Nations system is desirable.
- Work experience in managing complex budgets is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7 November. 2023
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime) DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who wants to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We advise that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more questions and further information pertaining to this recruitment, get in touch with us at the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before Apply for United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime) Recruitment 2023
To apply for the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime) Recruitment Recruitment 2023. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime) Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.