The United Nations Support Office in Somalia Job 2023/2024… | United Nations Support Office in Somalia Job Portal is now open for new recruitment. United Nations Support Office in Somalia recruitment 2023 application form, Closing date, requirements, and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Kenyan who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited for the upcoming United Nations Support Office in Somalia Job and yet you are still not sure how to start? This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Kenyan for the 2023/2024 United Nations Support Office in Somalia recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at United Nations Support Office in Somalia.
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be Kenyan citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2023.
United Nations Support Office in Somalia Job 2023/2024
1. Job Title: Medical Officer, P4
This position is located within the Mission Support Service/Medical Services Section in the United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS). The position is based in Nairobi/Kenya. The incumbent will report to the Chief Medical Officer of UNSOS.
- Professionalism: Knowledge of clinical, occupational and tropical/travel medicine. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments. Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards. Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules. Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments. Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Judgement/Decision-making: Identifies the key issues in a complex situation, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly; gathers relevant information before making a decision; considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them; takes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and on the Organization; proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information; checks assumptions against facts; determines that the actions proposed will satisfy the expressed and underlying needs for the decision; makes tough decisions when necessary.
- Managing Performance: Delegates the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision making authority; makes sure that roles, responsibilities and reporting lines are clear to each staff member; accurately judges the amount of time and resources needed to accomplish a task and matches task to skills; monitors progress against milestones and deadlines; regularly discusses performance and provides feedback and coaching to staff; encourages risk-taking and supports creativity and initiative; actively supports the development and career aspirations of staff; appraises performance fairly.
- Doctorate (MD) or equivalent in medicine, including residency/internship in one of the medical specialties, preferably internal medicine, is required.
- Currently registered to practice medicine in own country or another UN member state is required.
- Formal training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), basic cardiopulmonary life support, and advanced cardiovascular life support or equivalent emergency medical care is desirable. Courses / specialization / certification in occupational safety and health is desirable.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible clinical experience in one of the areas of medicine is required.
- Experience in managing a medical team is required.
- Experience with pandemic response in a United Nations Common System field operation (inclusive of peacekeeping missions, Agencies, Funds and Programmes) or similar international organizations or non-governmental organization in a conflict or post-conflict setting is desirable
- Experience with coordinating / participating in professional medical networks is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required.
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Undertakes day-to-day clinical duties, e.g., walk-in clinic, emergencies, etc.
- Undertakes day-to-day occupational health assessments of fitness for work, periodic medical examinations of staff, etc.
- Refers staff to outside specialists, as necessary.
- Follows-up with outside specialists.
- Drafts and implements Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Medico Administrative Duties:
- Provide (where delegated) medical determinations for travel and employment clearances, sick leave, medical evacuations, and pension fund recommendations.
- Acts as Medical Advisor (where delegated) on matters pertaining to the UN Secretariat and clients’ Organization Pension Committees.
- Advise Administration on medical standards for recruitment, sick leave, and medical evacuations/repatriations as per United Nations policies and guidelines.
- Participates in drafting and implementation of business continuity and crisis preparedness plans for the duty station/mission.
- Advise (where delegated) Administration on sick leave, service-incurred accidents or illnesses, possible cases of termination for health reasons or disability as well as other workforce’s issues.
- Provides background documentation for the presentation of disability cases to the Staff Pension Committee.
- Reviews and advises on other types of leave.
- Reviews and validates long-term sick leave as well as claims on service-incurred accidents or illnesses.
- Participates to design occupational health programmes and services to contribute to and sustain a healthy work environment.
- Participates to appropriate trainings programmes, such as on HIV/AIDS prevention, firstaid, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), etc.
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations and administration of the medical section unit in Nairobi including the supervision of staff and ensuring the maintenance and confidentiality of medical records.
- Supervises laboratory technicians, nurses, and medical administrative staff.
- Ensures availability of drugs and medical supplies and proper functioning of medical equipment.
- Manages/Support day-to-day administrative operations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8 November. 2023
- United Nations Support Office in Somalia) DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who wants to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We advise that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more questions and further information pertaining to this recruitment, get in touch with us at the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before Apply for United Nations Support Office in Somalia) Recruitment 2023
To apply for the United Nations Support Office in Somalia) Recruitment Recruitment 2023. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum United Nations Support Office in Somalia) Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.